HOW TO TALK ABOUT VAPING
Useful tools and resources to help parents and kids start and lead a conversation
In 2020 the number of youth who vaped has gone down significantly vs. 2019. We need to continue the conversations early and often about the dangers of vaping.
Watch our video about the dangers of vaping in our community and access our discussion guides!
PARENT DISCUSSION GUIDE
Talking Early and Often is Key!
Talking with kids about substance use is critical, it helps prevent problems before they arise and address any problems that pop up.
If you find these conversations difficult to have, you’re not alone.
You have to know more than just the facts. You also have know what to say, when to say it, and how to approach the discussion with the right mindset.
Here’s the good news – young people are open to having these conversations
with you! They want to know that you care about their health and that you don’t approve of risky actions.
This discussion guide will take you through:
- Signs that your kids may be vaping
- How to talk about vaping with a positive mindset
- Tips for starting the conversation
- A comprehensive discussion guide with possible questions
- How to end the conversation but keeping the door open for further discussion